Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water Damage MacBook Air No Sound

On my way to walking to class in a downpour yesterday, my MacBook had gotten wet. Initially my MacBook Air turned on, then it shut off as I was getting the water off. I let the laptop dry off for about 15-20 minutes, then it turned on. However, my sound icon was gray with nothing showing up on my sound devices. An hour later, the icon turned back to black and the internal speakers and microphone were listed.

I went to the Apple Store that evening to have them check it out. They said the damage isn't too bad, and I said I'll go back in a few weeks after my summer classes are done, if nothing major happens, such as it completely not coming on or not charging, since I need my laptop right now.

Now, my sound still isn't working after a day even with headphones in and turned all the way. I need to hear my online lectures for one of my classes. Is there any way I can make the sound come back?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2019 9:31 AM

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM could solve the sound issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Similar questions

1 reply

Water Damage MacBook Air No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.