Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie help please!

Every time I import a video onto imovie or drag it to iMovie it turns into a 4 second still photo. This issue started about a month ago when I was making a video and all of the sudden a video clip I dragged over turned into a still photo and hasn’t worked since. I’ve tried to re download I movie and refresh it but nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Much appreciated!

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 11:15 AM

Funny, but others have made similar complaints recently. I don't know why it is happening. The way around it is to import your videos into the Photos app, and then access them from the Photos item in the My Media sidebar of an iMovie project. When you click on the Photos item your photos and videos will be displayed in the browser screen above and to the left of the time line. You can choose to have them display in a number of different categories from the drop down menu at the top of the browser screen. The photos library must be designated as the system library for this to work. So, if is not working, go to your Photos app general preferences and check the box that says "use as System Photo library". If the box is grayed out that means it is already your system library and you need not do anything further.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2019 11:15 AM in response to taylermiller

Funny, but others have made similar complaints recently. I don't know why it is happening. The way around it is to import your videos into the Photos app, and then access them from the Photos item in the My Media sidebar of an iMovie project. When you click on the Photos item your photos and videos will be displayed in the browser screen above and to the left of the time line. You can choose to have them display in a number of different categories from the drop down menu at the top of the browser screen. The photos library must be designated as the system library for this to work. So, if is not working, go to your Photos app general preferences and check the box that says "use as System Photo library". If the box is grayed out that means it is already your system library and you need not do anything further.

-- Rich

imovie help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.