Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and purchased music?

I have read all the directions on how to go about changing your Apple ID so I am clear on how to do that. However my issue and concern is the music that I purchased under my apple ID which is linked to my email address that I have to unfortunately change. The danger with purchased music from Itunes, is it is forever associated with the Apple ID, i.e. email address under which you purchased it. So by changing your Apple ID/email address does that mean that music purchased under a former Apple ID will make those songs unplayable under your new ID? I have a ton of music and am petrified to even try changing anything for fear of losing my music.

iPhone X, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 9:19 AM

If you change the email address that you use for your Apple ID by using the following procedure you should not lose any purchases. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also be sure to note the following from that link:

Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2019 9:19 AM in response to cruisegirl223

If you change the email address that you use for your Apple ID by using the following procedure you should not lose any purchases. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also be sure to note the following from that link:

Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.

Apple ID and purchased music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.