Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IP address compromise

Is there a scam reguarding an IP address compromise? While browsing I experienced a red and white screen with Apple Tecnical Support information and a loud recording telling me to call the number on my screen, do not shut down the computer, and my computer locked up. I'm concerned my information has been compromised.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 1:41 PM

You probably visited a website that acted less than trustworthy towards its visitors. Probably scaring enough visitors into paying for bogus resolutions to make it worth their while. The site is to blame, and the advertisers that they allow with their intrusive messages.

Check for malware with Malwarebytes, if you need reassurance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Myfishing

You probably visited a website that acted less than trustworthy towards its visitors. Probably scaring enough visitors into paying for bogus resolutions to make it worth their while. The site is to blame, and the advertisers that they allow with their intrusive messages.

Check for malware with Malwarebytes, if you need reassurance.

IP address compromise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.