Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SPAM - can I set ringer to off?

Is there anyway to set up the ringer so that ONLY people on my SAVED CONTACT list actually ring the phone? That would be extremely nice.

I've got an iPhone 7 plus - running the most current device operating system.

Background:

Last night I got a SPAM phone call at 2AM while I was sleeping. I had forgotten to shut the ringer off so I would not be awoken. 90% of the phone calls I receive are SPAM - robo calls and such. It's gotten so bad that I never answer the phone unless the caller number has already been entered into my address book, my Contacts.

I've had the same cell number since 2000 - but during the last couple years the SPAM Bots have found this closely guarded number. =( I might decide to get rid of my cell number altogether.

David

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 2:35 PM

You can block all calls that do not originate from anyone in your contacts list.

Settings > Do Not Disturb

Turn the slider on for Do Not Disturb

Scroll down on that same screen to Allow Calls From. Tap that and then change the check box to All Contacts.

Your phone will now only ring for those in your contacts list.

The downside of this is if someone you know is calling you in an emergency (such as from a hospital) on a line that is not their phone number. You will not receive these calls.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2019 2:35 PM in response to silver_mica

You can block all calls that do not originate from anyone in your contacts list.

Settings > Do Not Disturb

Turn the slider on for Do Not Disturb

Scroll down on that same screen to Allow Calls From. Tap that and then change the check box to All Contacts.

Your phone will now only ring for those in your contacts list.

The downside of this is if someone you know is calling you in an emergency (such as from a hospital) on a line that is not their phone number. You will not receive these calls.

iPhone SPAM - can I set ringer to off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.