Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't do anything on my iPhone!!

My iPhone XR is having problems. I was on FaceTime and the connection was not working so then I ended it and tried to refactime the person. It kept saying connecting for a long time so then the other person tried to facetime me and then it said it was connecting again for a long time so we tried a couple more times until it said "FaceTime ending..." and it has been on that screen for about an hour and a half. I am able to exit out of it and go to the home screen and see what my notifications are. I can also respond to texts whenever they are in my notifications but i cannot open any apps from the home screen or when i click on the notification or go to the siri suggestions. I can screen record too but that doesn't really help with my problem. My phone will not turn off and I have tried multiple times to shut it off completely and it will not work. I also tried to turn off the wifi, bluetooth, and data and that did not work and putting it on airplane mode. How can i fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 8:02 AM

Follow these instructions to turn off then turn on your phone-->Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work try a forced restart-->If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

1 reply

I can't do anything on my iPhone!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.