Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add mirrored page numbers to my pages doc?

I want to put mirrored/facing pages numbers on my Pages doc. I've got the "Left and Right are different" box checked and everything. I want the page # to go in the green box, or away from the spine. How can I do this while still keeping "International Conference on Technology" left aligned? I can't even see how to add another text box to the footer. Help!

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2019 11:34 AM

Hi Lucy,

Pages has three Footer fields—left, centre, and right on each page. The centre field aligns text to the centre of the page, the outer fields align text to their outer margin.

On a verso (left) page, hover the pointer near the footer fields and click in the field near the left margin, then click Insert page number, and choose the format you want. Repeat on the recto page, clicking again in the field nearest the outside margin.

As the fields automatically adjust to different content, you may have to remove the "International Conference on Technology" footer text, replacing it in the 'inside' field after inserting the page number.

Regards,

Barry

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2019 11:34 AM in response to LucyJude16

Hi Lucy,

Pages has three Footer fields—left, centre, and right on each page. The centre field aligns text to the centre of the page, the outer fields align text to their outer margin.

On a verso (left) page, hover the pointer near the footer fields and click in the field near the left margin, then click Insert page number, and choose the format you want. Repeat on the recto page, clicking again in the field nearest the outside margin.

As the fields automatically adjust to different content, you may have to remove the "International Conference on Technology" footer text, replacing it in the 'inside' field after inserting the page number.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 17, 2019 11:05 PM in response to LucyJude16

Hi Lucy,

I agree with Peter. It looks like a document created in Pages '09 (single field in headers and footers).

In the right-hand footer, insert a tab character after 'International Conference on Technology' and then insert Page Number.

In the left-hand footer, insert Page Number to the left, then insert a tab character before 'International Conference on Technology'.

Regards,

Ian.

How do I add mirrored page numbers to my pages doc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.