Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (2017 15") Keyboard Mis-strike Rate

The keyboard on my 2017 15" MacBook Pro is noisy ("rattles" as if the keys float unconnected to the underlying strike surface which sends the keystroke signal to the processor), lacks differential touch sensitivity (can not keep my finger tips resting lightly on primary keys for proper hand placement

without triggering a strike) and generates random strike errors for adjacent but unintended keys when I attempt to keyboard at my normal composition rate. My standard for comparison is the keyboard on my venerable MacBook Pro 2009 15", which still performs superbly in these regards. (Also, much better key backlighting in dimly lit spaces where room ambient light leaves backlight level insufficient to establish a meaningful differential between a key lit and not.). An extended call with Apple support offered no suggestions regarding adjustment of these concerns. My computing needs are truly mobile, and it's not practical for me to carry a separate bluetooth keyboard to supplement an essential function that my laptop should be performing in the best possible manner. I know Apple has done better, because my old laptop is a constant rebuke to the present achievement level.

I'd be grateful for suggestions to improve my keyboarding experience.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 12:22 PM

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro (2017 15") Keyboard Mis-strike Rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.