Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It won’t let me watch my rented movie i downloaded.

Hey, so i rented a movie (“ Five Feet Apart”) from the apple itunes store. When it finished downloading i clicked on “watch” which it took me directly to the “Apple TV” app. When i click on play it takes me to the watch screen and a notification pops up that says “This video can’t be played because you don’t have access to it or it’s not longer available.” How do i fix this problem. I have an early flight tomorrow and i really want to watch this movie. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know. Thank you.

iPhone X, 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 7:01 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2019 9:02 AM in response to gabyper8

Hi there gabyper8,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues watching a movie you rented from the iTunes Store for a flight. I’ll be happy to help with this.

For this issue, go through the steps in the following link and try accessing your movie after each step:

If you can't stream or watch video content from the iTunes Store or third-party apps

If you’re still unable to watch the movie, delete it from your device, restart and download it again. See if you can watch it as expected then:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

Best wishes.

It won’t let me watch my rented movie i downloaded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.