Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get my iPhone to stop repeating the same song over and over!

using iPhone 6S, software IOS is 12.3.1

Cannot find any way to stop it from repeating each song. select a playlist, one song, an artist . . . all result in just one song being repeated. . . Pressing shuffle doesn't help either.

Looked at all the music menus. . . Looked in Settings and see nothing there either.

What could cause this?

My wife' iPhone 6S using same iOS does NOT do this!

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 2:18 PM

3 replies

Jun 21, 2019 2:00 PM in response to Vancouver22

Amazing how such a simple thing remained undiscoverable. . . simply because I did not realize there was MORE to the page that I previously had used to start music PLAY.. . "swipe up" was the key clue you provided, but then I STILL missed it initially! I swiped up FAST and was taken to "flashlight" and other utility controls. By accident or just luck, I suppose, I gently swiped up and the two side by side buttons for SHUFFLE AND REPEAT were revealed, but EVEN then! . . . I had a problem figuring out the final clue I needed to understand how these buttons, themselves, functioned. Each "button" is surrounded in red if selected and just surrounded in screen white if NOT selected. It is possible, however, to have BOTH buttons selected, so both are surrounded in RED. . . If you don't use them much and have not been to this screen much. . . with both in red background, it looks as if THAT is the normal position.

So, rather than being the interface of choice where usage is obvious, this layout camouflages the buttons and their functions. Maybe the WYSIWYG gurus need to revisit Apple music folks! Where is the Woz!

OK. I get it now. . . but in 6 months?! GEEEEZ.

Can't get my iPhone to stop repeating the same song over and over!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.