Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I got an Apple Watch from a gal from my work. She has a new Samsung S10 now. She gave me this Apple Watch for 50$ I couldn’t pass it up. It is the first generation one. I am having a difficult time pairing my phone and having my Apple ID hook up to the Watch. She cannot give me any important information of her Apple ID as she forgot it since she got a new phone, and it’s been deleted and also no longer used. I need help so I can use my new Apple Watch with my phone.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 2:20 PM

If your watch is locked by Activation Lock you can’t use it until it is removed from your friend’s Apple ID. That Apple ID still exists, they never go away and it is being detected to confirm the lock. Details in About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Your friend needs to find her Apple ID details and follow the steps to remove the watch. There are no workarounds or back doors, if she can’t do this the watch is useless. There are a few Apple documents which may help her remember forgotten details,

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If she is unable to unlock the account and release the phone you need to consider returning it and getting your money back, because you will never be able to use it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2019 2:20 PM in response to brittneyfromhills

If your watch is locked by Activation Lock you can’t use it until it is removed from your friend’s Apple ID. That Apple ID still exists, they never go away and it is being detected to confirm the lock. Details in About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Your friend needs to find her Apple ID details and follow the steps to remove the watch. There are no workarounds or back doors, if she can’t do this the watch is useless. There are a few Apple documents which may help her remember forgotten details,

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If she is unable to unlock the account and release the phone you need to consider returning it and getting your money back, because you will never be able to use it.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.