Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time capsule error

I have used my time capsule error free for years. A firmware update popped up in Airport Utilities, so i downloaded it. During install a message showed an error occurred and it now doesn't see the device. Since I have a cable modem plugged into it, I switched networks to bypass the time capsule established network (which I use normally). Don't know how to re-establish time capsule network connection or Old /new Firmware. Should I go back a couple days to a known time capsule configuration? Airport Utility does not see time capsule anymore. Yellow light on it now.

Stuck.

Dave

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 9:05 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 22, 2019 9:22 AM in response to Starshipdave

Is the amber light solid.....or.....is the amber light slowly blinking about once a second?

In either case, you have not mentioned any troubleshooting steps that you may have performed on the Time Capsule. Can you provide us with a bit more detail about what you might have already done? We ask this because we don't want to waste your time asking you to do things that you have already done.

If you have not already done so......

Power off the Time Capsule

Wait a few minutes

Power the Time Capsule back up again

Restart your Mac

Check to see if AirPort Utility can "see" the Time Capsule

Report on any changes that might have occurred

Time capsule error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.