Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule was previously part of this network error Bridge Mode

Hello, I've been using an AirPort Time Capsule for about a month now. I setup the device in bridge mode and use it for network backups and as a ethernet switch for my media console. It works perfectly fine, I can still make backups to it and the ethernet ports are fully functional. For some reason though, I can no longer manage the Time Capsule.

If I fire up AirPort utility I can see that the Time Capsule is connected, but I can't view any of its settings and I eventually get an error that says: "Device not found. Airport Time Capsule was previously part of your network. Check that it is still in range of your network and is plugged into a power outlet. Forgetting this device removes it from your network."

Here is a screen cap of what I see in AirPort Utility: https://imgur.com/a/frcXUcR

My router is a Linksys WRT1200AC, the Time Capsule is seen correctly by my router and both my Macs and my gaming desktop can see/access the Time Capsule on the network so the problem does not appear to be hardware related.

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac Gen1

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 9:07 PM

I solved the issue, I believe the Time Capsule was frozen to some degree on the firmware level. I unplugged it and allowed the device to reboot, once it did I was able to successfully login and manage the Time Capsule.

I assume there was an issue with the firmware because I attempted to reset the device and nothing happened. I won't try a reset again since it's working now.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 9:07 PM in response to Dr_Macintosh

I solved the issue, I believe the Time Capsule was frozen to some degree on the firmware level. I unplugged it and allowed the device to reboot, once it did I was able to successfully login and manage the Time Capsule.

I assume there was an issue with the firmware because I attempted to reset the device and nothing happened. I won't try a reset again since it's working now.

Time Capsule was previously part of this network error Bridge Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.