Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-scroll lag from touchpad for 2019 MacBook Pro

Hi fellows. Anybody observed (in your MacBook Pro) that, if the machine is left to idle for a while, that there will be a lag from the first moment the scroll is physically administered onto the touchpad, and when the document/webpage reaches the location it is supposed to scroll till? But after that first scroll, there is no lag whatsoever.

Example: first scroll after machine idle, the cursor has to "jerkily catch up" to the location in the page where it is supposed to scroll to, instead of "gradually" gliding to that spot. See 0:03s, 0:28s, 0:46s(observe my fingers' movement on the touchpad and how the page jumps):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_PxKaDpU4&feature=youtu.be

This happens across browsers. May I know how I can rectify this?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 6:03 AM

Does this occur for a different user, e.g., Guest? How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Does this occur after starting up in Safe Mode?

Consider the possibility of a third party software conflict.  EtreCheck can be used to investigate what is installed.

Similar questions

1 reply

Pre-scroll lag from touchpad for 2019 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.