Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t reset Powerbeats Pro

I forgot my Powerbeats pro from my phone and tried to resync it. It wouldnt show up, so I tried to reset. I held the system for 15 secs like the website said, but the case won’t flash red and white.

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 1:19 PM

Hey! So i don’t know why this worked but i had the same problems with volume and so i forgot my powerbeats pro. The for whatever reason i couldn’t connect them to my phone. I tried to reset them but there was no red then white LED. So while the powerbeats are in the case I held the beats logo on both the headphones (play/pause/siri) and the red and white light flashed. They connected to my phone as if they were new and now the volume works fine too

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 1:19 PM in response to Mdpipul

Hey! So i don’t know why this worked but i had the same problems with volume and so i forgot my powerbeats pro. The for whatever reason i couldn’t connect them to my phone. I tried to reset them but there was no red then white LED. So while the powerbeats are in the case I held the beats logo on both the headphones (play/pause/siri) and the red and white light flashed. They connected to my phone as if they were new and now the volume works fine too

Aug 5, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Mdpipul

Same problem. Started out with one headphone (R) not connecting. I unpaired and tried to pair the headphones to my phone again, and nothing. Case's white light was just blinking. Tried to reset (press/hold reset button for 15+seconds), and there was no change. The light never changed to red/white, it just keeps blinking white to pair, but nothing shows up on the phone on both the bluetooth popup pairing card or in bluetooth settings. Contacted Apple Support and they're sending the box (kit) to send back for repair.

Looks like several others have had this problem...

Sep 5, 2019 8:19 PM in response to Mdpipul

wow..... I thought I was the only one having this trouble shooting.

My left one, all of sudden, stopped working at all. On my Iphone, it just remains disconnected.

I cannot even reset this. Of course, I followed the steps exactly but it did not work at all.

I am also waiting for package to send this to apple. It seems that this beats pro has technical problems for sure.

I HATE this situation, it is not cheap one. right after purchased, it happened. this is so annoying.

Sep 18, 2019 3:23 PM in response to przemyslaw209

Same issue for me. My right earbud stopped working, so I unpaired the case and tried to reset it. But, case won’t reset... just stays blinking white. I’ve had this issue with 3 sets in a row now... I’m done with this product and will wait for gen 2 before trying again. If there is a connection issue between case and earbud, then I don’t think the reset routine will ever work... major flaw in their logic. How about a hard-reset routine???

Jan 3, 2020 7:54 AM in response to Mdpipul

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but I plugged them into charge for a couple seconds, unplugged them, and proceeded to press the pause buttons (w/ logo) on both earbuds + the sync button on the case and they booted up in pair mode. Like I said, not sure if this will help everyone, but hope it helps!

Dec 6, 2019 6:01 AM in response to Mdpipul

Found this article as my Right earpiece has been flakey for over a month. Most of the time it's because it doesn't seat properly in the case so it's dead every time I want to listen. Now I make absolutely sure it's seated by putting it in the case first and looking to see the charging light. It's no longer a "throw in the case and go" situation, so it's a hassle, but at least it charges.

Anyways, today I had the exact same issue; no right earbud sync. Even the indicator on the phone showed I was only using the left.

As everyone has stated, THE INSTRUCTIONS TO HARD RESET FROM APPLE AND BEATS DO NOT WORK! You will never see a red/white flashing combo no matter how long you hold the button on the case down!

So, seeing other people mention they believe it's a software issue, I did a reset of my iPhone 11 Pro Max and wouldn't you know it? THE RIGHT EARPIECE WORKED IMMEDIATELY.

In case you're unsure how to do the reset, on iPhone 8 models and newer you press Vol+, then Vol- and then then HOLD the sleep/wake button in. You will see it give you option to slide to power off. Keep holding the sleep/wake button in. Eventually you will see the white Apple logo. At that point you can release the sleep/wake button. The phone will come back up after it boots clean. Try the headphones again. I truly did think it was a hardware issue (the charging of the right earpiece still might be) but at least I have sound in both ears now. I hope this helps.

Aug 11, 2019 6:26 AM in response to Mdpipul

Has anyone tried connecting their beats to another phone or device and then disconnecting and seeing if it allows them to pop up the pair message again for the original? I have this same problem where my L headphone wasn’t working so I disconnected them and forgot them and cannot resync even after restarting, airplane moding, and turning Bluetooth on and off a million times.

Jun 25, 2019 9:51 AM in response to Mdpipul

Hi Mdpipul,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're running into an issue with your Beats.

To double-check, what was happening that led you to forgetting the Beats from your iPhone settings? Was there an issue?

Are you using these exact steps, including placing them in the case and leaving the case open? Reset your Beats earphones

"Reset Powerbeats Pro

1. Place both earbuds in the case. Leave the case open.
  2. Press and hold the system button on the case for 15 seconds or until the LED indicator light flashes red and white.
  3. Release the system button.

The LED indicator light will continue to flash white, which means that you can pair your Powerbeats Pro with your iPhone, Mac, Android device, or other device again."

You'll also want to make sure you've covered all of the troubleshooting here: If you can't connect to your wireless Beats product

If these steps don't resolve the issue for you, your best bet is to Contact Apple Support to look into this further. Take care!

Oct 24, 2019 2:48 AM in response to Mdpipul

In case it helps anyone else looking about...I had to buy a replacement ear piece because I'd lost one. Bit of a pain - but not much choice.

You HAVE to download the firmware updater in order to pair your new ear piece. No amount of button bashing/disconnecting/reconnecting will get them working.

Apple support didn't know this had to be done, either.

Luckily, after installing the updater and connecting the pill, the software recognised the different ear piece and said what to do...just a 5 second button press and close the lid...the software connected everything for me. Then - connecting back to my devices worked exactly as expected. Brilliant.

Aug 11, 2019 1:43 PM in response to shady1017

This is obviously a growing problem. I received my return box kit from Apple on a Wednesday. I packaged and shipped my headphones back that same day- made the last express pickup of the day. Package arrive in CA (from OR) during the am of Thursday. Apple “repaired” the headphones the same day, the we’re literally at the Apple facility for about three hours before they were prepped and shipped out. FedEx shows they arrived/signed for at 9:45 am and they left the facility at 1pm. I received them Friday morning a little after 10am. The packing slip say they repaired the headphones by replacing the right headphone and sync’d to the case.

There seems to to be some issue with individual headphones loosing sync with the case or otherwise “dying”. Since one headphone is no longer responding to the case that must be preventing the case and the working headphone from pairing with a device.

Nov 5, 2019 8:40 AM in response to SharkBoy_02

Removed the headphones from the bluetooth devices on my iPhone, waited a few days, and opened the case and my iPhone set up the headphones again as new devices. Things seem to work now... let's see how long it lasts for.

Like wrote before, it seems to be a software issue as I was able to pair them with a non-iPhone phone and everything worked fine using that phone during that whole time.

Dec 20, 2019 9:52 AM in response to Mdpipul

y'all i had this exact issue and fixed it on my own.

step 1. put buds in case

step 2. plug case into computer (I had already downloaded the firmware / registered my beats so not sure if you'd have to do this)

step 3. then follow all the instructions i.e. holding down the button

step 4. re-connect beats to device

lmk if that works for u -- it did for me.

Can’t reset Powerbeats Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.