Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari "Save As..." dialog not saving tags

Safari is no longer saving Finder tags when I try to save a web page as archive. It will save tags if I save as page source. I think this behaviour is new to Mojave. To be clear: on a wepage, click "File" drop-down menu, then "Save As..." then for "Format" select either "web archive" or "page source". In both cases, one can fill in the "Tags" field at the top of the save dialog. But if I have selected "web archive" the tags do not get saved, whereas if I select page source they do.

I've tried this on two computers running 10.14.5. Do others see this behaviour, and if so is it a security feature of some kind?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 6:56 AM

You can either file a Feedback Assistant bug, or provide Feedback (as a bug) to the Safari product team. All you can do with Safari 12.1.1 is add the tag after it finishes rendering the webarchive to the Desktop.

Similar questions

1 reply

Safari "Save As..." dialog not saving tags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.