Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X iOS 12.3.1 Keyboard switching apps

Since the download of 12.3.1, when typing on the keyboard in any app my phone will suddenly open up the app chooser, as if I had swiped up from the bottom of the screen, and select the next app. Sometimes I can catch it and stop it, but usually it just happens so fast that there's no way to stop. This has been happening consistently, but I can't recreate the effect artificially. I have noticed, however, that there's a weird delay that happens on the keyboard now, like it's trying to think while I'm typing. Also, sometimes a single key will get "stuck" after I've typed on it, with the key "raised" up above the keyboard. It persists even if I type on other keys.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 11:20 AM

Sometimes a "forced" restart of the device can help in such a situation:

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the Side button, wait for you iPX to restart, then test it.

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 11:20 AM in response to atari.mex

Sometimes a "forced" restart of the device can help in such a situation:

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the Side button, wait for you iPX to restart, then test it.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone X iOS 12.3.1 Keyboard switching apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.