Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad not connecting to iTunes

My iPad mini has synced via usb with iTunes numerous times in the past. Today, as soon as I connect the cable to both the iMac and the iPad, an alarm goes off on the ipad (even though sound is muted). It's a constant ding ding ding... No error messages on either the iMac or the iPad appear. I have viewed numerous threads in the community about failure to connect, alarms, ect and have not found one that is similar to my issue, so I thought I would ask the community if anyone has experienced this and more importantly, has any one resolved. I need to sync the device and offload some videos I recently made on the device to my iMac for further processing. Anyone have experience with this failure and resolution?

iPad (5th Generation) Software version 12.3.1

iMac Retina 5K, Late 2014 Software version 10.10.5

iTunes version 12.8.1.3

Thanks in advance.

iPad, 12

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 8:48 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 29, 2019 3:46 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks. That's odd. I went to the App Store and clicked update. It stated that no updates avail, all are up to date. Rechecked the About iTunes selection and it still states the 12.8. Does 12.9 require OS to be diff version than I have?

Also, the last time I synced, right before leaving for out of town last week, no issues. Suddenly an issue. I was a Windows before I was an Apple. Rebooting the system works frequently on the Windows platform to solve issues. I'll try that and see if it works.

ipad not connecting to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.