You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch users on iPad Pro?

I just recently purchased the iPad Pro and I noticed while setting it up that there is no option to create another user account. My husband would like to use this iPad as well, and he would like to customize “his” iPad, and I would like to customize “my” iPad without having to log in and out of my Apple ID. We tried that first and it created a cascade of emails to the email address connected to the Apple ID that was logged out.

His iMac has the ability to change users quickly, as does his MacBook Pro, so we assumed the iPad would have it too.

I have to admit I’m pretty disappointed. Hopefully I’m just missing something and you can point me in the right direction.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 4:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Sorry, you aren't missing anything. The iOS on an iPad is not designed for multiple user accounts like MacOS on a computer is.

4 replies

How to switch users on iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.