Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for windows not syncing all photos to my iPhone

Facts:

Windows 10

iPhone 8

iTunes 12.9.5.7

I'm trying to sync photos from my PC Windows Laptop to my iPhone using iTunes. I don't use iCloud.

Some photos are not being synced, as follows....

Some of the photos on my computer. The highlighted image is one of the photos that are not syncing. It shows 1149 objects, being one the iphone cache folder:

iTunes is pointing to the proper folder. It shows 1148 images. Enough space to sync all photos.

Pointing to the very same folder as highlighted in the first image:

This is the iPhone summary screen on iTunes:

Once I start the sync process by clicking on the sync button, iTunes performs a backup of my phone on my computer:

After the backup is finished, it starts to sync the photos:

When it reaches 1132 photos on the sync process, it simply jumps to 1148 and freezes a few minutes on this step:

Once this process finishes, no error messages are displayed. When I go to my iPhone, 1132 photos were synced:

You can see here that the photo from the first screenshot wasn't synced. It should be between the two photos with the red circle:

Just to avoid the more common questions:

I've delete the cache folder and tried it again. It didn't solve the problem. Yes, I restarted my iPhone, restarted computer, restarted iTunes... Tried all of the black-magic-I-don't-know-how-to-fix-this procedures.... nothing worked.

I did copy only the photos that are not syncing to a new folder and tried from there. No photos were synced to the iPhone.

I saved the photos that are not syncing with different sizes and image extensions. Didn't work.

Thanks

Marcos

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 9:45 PM

Is this some support channel? At this point, I’m not only wondering why Apple wants people to believe that their product are better than others, even though it can’t perform simple tasks as copying files...

but also, I’m trying to figure out the reason why Apple wants us to pay more for such a product.

I’m now convinced I’ll switch to another brand in my next smartphone upgrade. But I still want this crappy phone to copy those files. It’s not rocket science! Copying files is one of the most basic tasks information systems have to perform.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 9:45 PM in response to SpinolaPhoto

Is this some support channel? At this point, I’m not only wondering why Apple wants people to believe that their product are better than others, even though it can’t perform simple tasks as copying files...

but also, I’m trying to figure out the reason why Apple wants us to pay more for such a product.

I’m now convinced I’ll switch to another brand in my next smartphone upgrade. But I still want this crappy phone to copy those files. It’s not rocket science! Copying files is one of the most basic tasks information systems have to perform.

iTunes for windows not syncing all photos to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.