Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 overheating and battery drain.

So I recently purchased my second iPhone off of eBay in mint condition. Everything runs smooth except for 2 things, overheating and battery drain. Whenever I use an app like Snapchat or Snow, my phone will overheat around the camera and power button side. It gets really hot. Not only does my battery drain when it overheats, but it will also drain quickly when it’s not over heated. I checked my battery health section on my iPhone menu and it’s capacity is at 84% with normal peak performance. I’ve tried everything from unchecking the app refresh to resetting the phone entirely and nothing has worked. Anybody else have this issue? I’ve tried contacting the seller but I got no response.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 11:01 PM

Power Mgmt for iPhone 6 through 7s batteries

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2019 11:01 PM in response to Chucho-uwu

Power Mgmt for iPhone 6 through 7s batteries

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

iPhone 7 overheating and battery drain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.