Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 Backlight shutdown completely Flexgate 3 months out of warranty

I’m a student who has been crippled by the occasional dimming of my screen. Two days ago my screen when completely black as I was adjusting it. I have tried all weird key combinations suggested here by apple support and nothing works, it chimes and dark blue screen but that’s it. For the amount of money I had to rack out as a student to buy this laptop brand new, I’m disappointed at just how flimsy it is. My MacBook was delivered 3 April 2018, it died completely 28 June 2019 three months after it’s warranty expired. The MacBook Pro 2016 and 2017 have the same flexgate problem, why are we excluded from the extended warranty? I can not afford the £600 pounds fix even if I wanted to and I’m really disappointed.

The moment it died mid usage

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 4:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro 2017 Backlight shutdown completely Flexgate 3 months out of warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.