Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro back light broken after just 3 years, extremely disappointed in Apple.

I am absolutely disappointed in Apple, I have the MacBook pro 2017 and it turns out Apple had a fabric problem with MacBook Pros and their backlights which caused them to suddenly stop working. Mine did a while ago and they are now asking for me to pay for a new screen (almost as expensive as my Mac) when the problem is 100% from their part. My laptop is well taken care of, works perfectly when connected to a monitor but the screen goes black when opening it more than 90 degrees.

Apple issued a warranty for Macs with the EXACT same problem but only for 2016 models so they tell me it dosen't apply to mine. I have been an Apple user my whole life and this has made me loose all my interest in their products since the problem is their responsibility and not bad handling from my part. Any thing I could do to fix my screen and not spend 700 dollars in doing so? Is there a way I can talk to some one and express my disappointment?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:35 PM

Apple Support Communities is a place where Apple consumers and fans help each other with Apple-related issues. We do not work for Apple, so this is not the right place to express your disappointment.

You can speak to Apple Support about repair options, though.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac Pro back light broken after just 3 years, extremely disappointed in Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.