Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) slow

I have report from etrecheck. I would appreciate anyone helping me, because I am not so into technology. All I can understand Is that my hard drive is failing. is it?

Thanking you in advance

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 5:57 AM

Upgrades from pure HDD to an OEM NVMe SSD are not possible. You would have to ask your local AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) if they are willing to use a non-original part (a 3rd party SATA SSD) when replacing the HDD.

If you want an SSD and don't want to risk an unauthorized upgrader you could switch to an external USB SSD.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 5:57 AM in response to sk7lafkos

Upgrades from pure HDD to an OEM NVMe SSD are not possible. You would have to ask your local AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) if they are willing to use a non-original part (a 3rd party SATA SSD) when replacing the HDD.

If you want an SSD and don't want to risk an unauthorized upgrader you could switch to an external USB SSD.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.