Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues seeing the sound waves in garageband.

Hi,

For some reason I am no longer able to see the sound waves in my garageband files. I am recording and I can hear all of my recordings when I play them back for some reason all the waves are either showing as straight lines or little scribbles that I cant properly edit.

I recently updated my Mac so I don't know if thats the cause of the issue but this is extremely frustrating. I tried deleting garageband altogether and re-downloading. Didn't work. Any help or thoughts is greatly appreciated!!!

-garageband novice

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 8:05 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 4, 2019 2:53 PM in response to HangTime

Hmmm. I took your advice & tried making sure my volume is all the way up. & the sound is actually fine I just cant seem to see it. I have no idea if I changed some of my original garageband settings on accident. This literally just started happening this week & I haven't changed mics at all. & even when I open previously recorded episodes it does this.

Having issues seeing the sound waves in garageband.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.