Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery usage by app is not available

Hi there,

I have this thing going on: During day, my battery usage is normal and everything is nothing less than perfect. HOWEVER, during night there is some app or something which is using my battery significantly, but i don't know why. It is showing me "usage by app is not available for x:xx - y:yy". Attached a screenshot.

Any ideas? suggestions? did it happen to someone in the past?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 6:36 AM

Good morning dor_b!

I see that you have some concerns about battery usage during a specific time at night. I'll be happy to help.

Does this happen every night? If so, are you able to tap the "Last 10 Days" to see if app activity will show for those time periods for different nights? Or does it still say that usage by app is not available?

Another setting to check is to see which apps are using Background App Refresh, as apps that have Background App Refresh toggled on can still use resources even when the iPhone is in an idle state. Learn more under "Use Background App Refresh" here: Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

One other thing to look into is to see if you have iCloud backups toggled on, as iCloud backups occur at night, when the iPhone is locked, connected to power and charged. Learn more here: iCloud: Back up your iOS devices to iCloud

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2019 6:36 AM in response to dor_b

Good morning dor_b!

I see that you have some concerns about battery usage during a specific time at night. I'll be happy to help.

Does this happen every night? If so, are you able to tap the "Last 10 Days" to see if app activity will show for those time periods for different nights? Or does it still say that usage by app is not available?

Another setting to check is to see which apps are using Background App Refresh, as apps that have Background App Refresh toggled on can still use resources even when the iPhone is in an idle state. Learn more under "Use Background App Refresh" here: Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

One other thing to look into is to see if you have iCloud backups toggled on, as iCloud backups occur at night, when the iPhone is locked, connected to power and charged. Learn more here: iCloud: Back up your iOS devices to iCloud

Cheers.

battery usage by app is not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.