Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shattered Apple TV remote

I have an Apple TV 4th Generation (not the 4K one) and it's like three years old now. I dropped it from my study table and the glass part of the remote got this super weird crack, while the touchpad is working, holding the remote gets hard as the glass scratches through the hand. Any suggestions as to what should I do? I live in Kuwait and AppleCare doesn't exist here.

Thanks.

Apple TV 4, tvOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 6:07 AM

The Siri Remote/Apple TV Remote is the same for the 4th generation and 4K models.

These do not get repaired for parts by Apple, but replaced instead.

The Siri Remote/Apple TV Remote is available as a separate item, e.g. for users that had it lost or broken.

You may want to consider one of the silicone shell cases for the replacement remote, for a little bit of extra protection.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 6:07 AM in response to Srihari777

The Siri Remote/Apple TV Remote is the same for the 4th generation and 4K models.

These do not get repaired for parts by Apple, but replaced instead.

The Siri Remote/Apple TV Remote is available as a separate item, e.g. for users that had it lost or broken.

You may want to consider one of the silicone shell cases for the replacement remote, for a little bit of extra protection.

Shattered Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.