Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BOSE COMPANION 5 COMPATIBILITY ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS

THIS IS A POST FOR ALL HELP CONCERNING BOSE USERS!

I have a Bose Companion 5 MultiMedia Speaker system for over 8 years now and have to say this is the best investment I have ever made as far as sound is concerned. For gamers it is immense and for Movie buffs it is also amazing. The problem that does occur with my computer and this system is once in a while, usually only with YouTube, the sound will cut out and you have to unplug the usb connection from the computer to the sound unit and then replug it in you will hear a whining noise as the speakers automatically change from the iMac speakers to the Bose speakers, then it will resume normal use. To all Bose avid users this is essential because you will run into this problem with the speaker setup as I have after the Mountain Lion update. Still to this day on High Sierra, it will occur, but not as often. Much Love Mac Users! :)

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 3:00 PM

I too have an old Bose Companion 5 that buzzes from time to time.

Usual after a power failure so I have to Unplug everything and start form new.

Its still sounds great and i'm running MacOS Mojave .

Bose has a excellent low cost repair plan for their products.

Similar questions

4 replies

BOSE COMPANION 5 COMPATIBILITY ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.