Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accessing .mil sites with Safari

How can I access .mil accounts with Safari? It says the certificate is not trusted and will not allow me to move forward. I got around this by using Firefox, but now that Firefox was updated I can't get to .mil sites with it either. I must access these sites using PKI in order to do my job. Does anyone have any solutions that don't involve running Parallels and using IE? I can't even access all the .mil sites using IE.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 1:40 PM

I have received a resolution to this issue. These are the steps:

Go into Keychain

Choose Login (make sure the padlock is unlocked)

Choose All Items under Category

Search for the JPAS certs under Identity Preference (or DISS or SWFT - whatever you are having issues with - I had issues with all 3) and delete those certificates (the ones with identity preference noted)

Close the Keychain

Clear All History in Safari

Close Safari and then reopen

Go back to the site - it will take a little time to load. If it won't allow you to proceed due to privacy issues, go back to Keychain and search for the certificates. Under Trust, make sure Always Trust is chosen. Clear History in Safari again, open and close the browser and it should work when you go back to the site.

This process has worked for me to access JPAS, DISS and SWFT. The only problem I am still having is accessing NISS via NCAISS, but that's a different Help Desk, so I'm hoping to reach someone who understands Macs there as well.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 1:40 PM in response to BevB

I have received a resolution to this issue. These are the steps:

Go into Keychain

Choose Login (make sure the padlock is unlocked)

Choose All Items under Category

Search for the JPAS certs under Identity Preference (or DISS or SWFT - whatever you are having issues with - I had issues with all 3) and delete those certificates (the ones with identity preference noted)

Close the Keychain

Clear All History in Safari

Close Safari and then reopen

Go back to the site - it will take a little time to load. If it won't allow you to proceed due to privacy issues, go back to Keychain and search for the certificates. Under Trust, make sure Always Trust is chosen. Clear History in Safari again, open and close the browser and it should work when you go back to the site.

This process has worked for me to access JPAS, DISS and SWFT. The only problem I am still having is accessing NISS via NCAISS, but that's a different Help Desk, so I'm hoping to reach someone who understands Macs there as well.

Jul 10, 2019 8:29 AM in response to BevB

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Jul 10, 2019 10:00 AM in response to Eric Root

Before I try this, let me update things as I keep trying. I can actually get to some .mil sites. What I seen to be unable to do is to logon with my PKI. This is the response I receive:

Your session could not be established. Access was denied by the access policy. This may be due to a failure to meet access policy requirements. If you are an administrator, please go to Access Policy >> Reports: All Sessions page and look up the session reference number displayed above.

I also sometimes receive: MB ITN-Certificate-Required (even though my PKI is loaded is it like it isn't seeing it).

accessing .mil sites with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.