Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 (full spec screen issues)

Has anyone experience the new MacBook Pro 13" (full spec) having screen issues (not flexgate related) - more to do with phasing or pixelation? RGBYR channels splitting and black and white blocks of pixels (forming small blocks of cubes) appearing on the screen? I just picked up the computer yesterday and it's the 3rd swap I've had in 2 months.

I purchased it with the intention of using it to full spec, but it's barely coping with single applications open (iMessage for instance and nothing else). I spent $4k AUD on it and Apple aren't really resolving the issues....

What happened to the Pros being a professional line?

Just to note that the OS is up-to-date and I'm not currently processing any video content or rendering any files. I purely have Chorme and iMessage open... that is it.

Help.

Thanks!

Lauren

MacBook

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 8:13 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Jul 11, 2019 8:37 AM in response to Lauren-7

<<My point is that I'm continuously experiencing similar design flaws with each MacBook replacement I have. >>

If it is indeed a design flaw, then perhaps a change on the production line has introduced a problem (such as a revised design is a graphics chip) and you are getting samples with that problem over and over again.

The other possibility is that you are running something that conflicts. To look at that, download and run Etrecheck, and set preferences to "Allow Full disk Access". Its final report can be posted back here (use the "additional text" Icon, third from the right) for readers to go over and see if they can find issues.

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

Jul 17, 2019 6:00 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi there,

I ran the EtreCheck and I didn't find any issues... the screen is still glitching and furthermore, the screen LEDs are exposed at the top of the screen (right hand side only), something that wasn't present in my previous swapped MacBooks. I've got some serious BAD LUCK here...

Shame about the lack of consistency with the marketed "high end" products...

Curious if any other MacBook Pro 13" (max spec - 2019) users are experiencing the same issues...

Lauren

Aug 22, 2019 3:47 PM in response to Lauren-7

I have tried to record the screen issue with iMovie, but iMovie doesn't capture it... So perhaps it's a connection issue (logic board to screen)? Seems odd as my last 4 replacement MacBooks since May this year (2019) have had the same issue...

I was able to capture the issue today on my iPhone - note the flicker is not green in this...

Video linked.

MacBook Pro 13 (full spec screen issues)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.