Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac, 2019, 27', ips glow

Hi!

Just delivered my iMac (how it's beaftiful!) and tested it on IPS glow. What I've got on the picture. Does this a normal behaviour and all IPS monitors got this effect of I should try to send back and ask for a new one (in my case, it will be around 2-3 weeks)? I appreciate, if you can share your photos in dark room with black image.. Especially who got this models.

In 90% time I don't see this glows, but in the dark room, when I play games or watching movies, sometimes I see red glow in the bottom right corner. Can't tell that this is a big problem, but I bought this machine for $3.000 and.. it's hard to understand that I've got such glows.

Does Apple Care help me to solve this problem if it will expand in future?

Thank you!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 2:19 PM

I'm not seeing it either, just in the 100% screen, but you might try a PRAM reset and see if it diappears.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

10 replies

Jul 13, 2019 10:57 AM in response to BORg529

Thanks for reply! I've got 2 weeks to send it back, and I think that I'll use this opportunity and will take new one, cause I asked several people and then said that they don't have any problems with that. About video that you shared, yeah, I saw this early, but I think if I buy iMac for $3.000 I don't need to build a special environment..

iMac, 2019, 27', ips glow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.