Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anti-reflecting coating wearing off on my Mid-2014 15" Macbook Pro

There are several stains on the retina screen of my Mid-2014 15" Macbook Pro (bought in May 2015) that are due to the anti-reflecting coating wearing off. This is extremely annoying and it's been only getting worse with time. The stains used to be not too noticeable but now they alter colours and contrast which is especially annoying as I'm using my computer to edit photographs and to colour-grade videos.

Unfortunately, my computer is not eligible for the free repair program as my computer is more than 4 years old (exactly 4 years and 3 months). This is extremely disappointing considering how much I paid for my laptop. There is pragmatically no good reason for such a repair program to stop after 4 years.

What can I do?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 5:51 AM

Hi,

Try to contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation to talk or argue about the circumstance you face right now.

You could replace LCD for free.

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

1 reply

Anti-reflecting coating wearing off on my Mid-2014 15" Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.