Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on "Reading photos from "album name""

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to sync my photos from my computer (Windows) recently and it has not been working. Every time I try to sync it gets stuck on reading photos. I have tried waiting it out, but even after 13 hours iTunes is still stuck on reading. My iTunes is updated to the latest version (Version 12.9.5.7) and I have synced my photos before. Something I noticed is that when I unplug my phone from my computer, iTunes continues to sync photos anyway. I also cannot forcibly eject my phone once it has gotten stuck, which means I would have to close iTunes using task manager. I have tried uninstalling iTunes, the drivers associated with it, and restarting my phone and computer.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 10:17 AM

Perhaps there is something specific in that collection of files that causes a problem. You could try syncing with selected folder and deselect all but one to see if that will sync, then add others in turn until you can work out where the problem is.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

Stuck on "Reading photos from "album name""

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.