You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted my iCloud document folders - how do I restore?

Missed rule #1 - double check before hitting delete and emptying my trash on my MacBook Air. I thought that I was clearing an external disk drive and didn't realize that I was actually in my iCloud document storage folder. I deleted a decade of documents and lost them when my trash folder cleared. I can see the documents and folders when I sign into iCloud, but can't download any documents or folders and can't see anything when I access my folder on my computer. Is there any way to recover these folders/docs? Thank you!//

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 9:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 8:26 AM

Try using a computer internet browser, log into icloud.com, click the Settings app there and in the Advanced section of Settings click "Restore Files."

Similar questions

1 reply

Accidentally deleted my iCloud document folders - how do I restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.