Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing Won't Work

Not sure what happened or what I am doing wrong, but my AppleTV will no longer show my computer. I don't use it daily, but probably every couple of weeks. The last couple of weeks suddenly my computer no longer shows up on the AppleTV home screen. I have tried the things that I "thought" would help without success. I am using iTunes 12.9.5.5. I think my AppleTV is the second generation. I have tried turning home sharing off on both devices. Both devices are using the same account. The AppleTV is hooked to my router via cable. My iMac is using the same internet connection wirelessly. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 6:56 AM

See Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support. Have you tried rebooting your router as well as your computer and Apple TV. Have you checked firewall settings. Could your router have some form of client isolation feature enabled that allows Wi-Fi devices to reach the internet but not see other devices on the same local network?

tt2

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 6:56 AM in response to Robert Chatfield

See Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support. Have you tried rebooting your router as well as your computer and Apple TV. Have you checked firewall settings. Could your router have some form of client isolation feature enabled that allows Wi-Fi devices to reach the internet but not see other devices on the same local network?

tt2

Jul 23, 2019 1:08 PM in response to Robert Chatfield

I have now tried rebooting the router, computer and Apple TV. I even reset the Apple TV to factory settings. I reentered my Apple ID and it immediately showed music I had purchased through the store. It accessed the pictures I have on my computer for the screen saver on the Apple TV. I tried disconnecting the ethernet and using wifi for the Apple TV. But the most important part still won't work, I can't access my computer from the Apple TV. I have the same router that I was using without issue until when this problem surfaced. Not sure what to try next.

Home Sharing Won't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.