Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Keyboard Not Working

Recently bought a new space grey MacBook Pro and it has worked well up until now. Didn’t use it for about a week and went to turn it on today and the keyboard won’t type. The power button works as I can turn my computer on and off, but the other keys don’t register anything. I can’t type in my password to get into my personal account and when I went on the guest account (which required no password to get into) I was able to go on safari, but yet again was not able to type anything in. I tried holding down Shift + Control + Option with the power button and nothing changed. Pretty bummed as this is a new computer and would like to figure this out.

Note: trackpad is working fine and the screen registers it. Can click in things and interact with the computer using the trackpad, only the keyboard doesn’t work

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 9:56 PM

Note: trackpad is working fine and the screen registers it. Can click in things and interact with the computer using the trackpad, only the keyboard doesn’t work.

Similar questions

3 replies

MacBook Pro Keyboard Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.