Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

‘Download and Keep Originals’ can’t be found

So I turned off iCloud Photos and I have less than 30 days to re-download the photos from my old phone (6s+) (which has been reset so the originals from the 6s+ are all gone forever) onto my current phone (XR).

However, I’m supposed to select ‘Download and Keep Originals’ in Settings > Name > iCloud > Photos but it’s not even there - there’s no option that says ‘Download and Keep Originals’ but when I turned off iCloud Photos, Apple emailed me and said I needed to turn that on. I don’t understand why it isn’t in my settings at all, even when I search in the search bar. I need it to be able to resave all of my old photos and videos but without it, they’ll be deleted, and I can’t turn iCloud Photos back on due to low storage.

Why isn’t the ‘Download and Keep Originals’ button there?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 6:17 AM

I’m a little confused my what you are saying. I don’t use iCloud Photos, but I assume that you aren’t going to be able to “Download and Keep Originals” unless iCloud Photos is turned on. Therefore, if iCloud Photos isn’t enabled, you aren’t going to see the option to download the originals in the settings.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 6:17 AM in response to ttran9902

I’m a little confused my what you are saying. I don’t use iCloud Photos, but I assume that you aren’t going to be able to “Download and Keep Originals” unless iCloud Photos is turned on. Therefore, if iCloud Photos isn’t enabled, you aren’t going to see the option to download the originals in the settings.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

‘Download and Keep Originals’ can’t be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.