Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GOOGLE EARTH SERVER CONNECTION ERROR

Mac Mojave iOS 10.14.5 using Google Earth Pro ver. 7.3.2.5776 (64-bit) upon opening error reports "Google Earth Pro" is not optimized for your Mac and Google Earth is unable to contact login server (Error code: c000000c)

Other apps have no problem connecting to Internet.

Google Earth used to work on this Mac.

Tried deleting app then downloaded and installed it again. HELP

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 3:22 PM

I think I found the problem although I am sure I do not know the cause. After reading more posts and networking explanations, I went into my iMac System preferences and did this:

System Preferences -> Network -> Proxies and UNCHECKED 'SOCKS Proxy'

• This caused the access problems to go away.
  • The Socks error during Log In went away.
  • The GEP Search capability came back.
  • The historical imagery slider brought back previous versions of the map so that I could look at the area when the trees were bare

Now, it would be very nice if there was a clear explanation why this works AND if I broke anything when I unchecked the SOCKS Proxy choice.

Thank you for any help here. :-)))

Similar questions

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 3:22 PM in response to judger

I think I found the problem although I am sure I do not know the cause. After reading more posts and networking explanations, I went into my iMac System preferences and did this:

System Preferences -> Network -> Proxies and UNCHECKED 'SOCKS Proxy'

• This caused the access problems to go away.
  • The Socks error during Log In went away.
  • The GEP Search capability came back.
  • The historical imagery slider brought back previous versions of the map so that I could look at the area when the trees were bare

Now, it would be very nice if there was a clear explanation why this works AND if I broke anything when I unchecked the SOCKS Proxy choice.

Thank you for any help here. :-)))

Aug 28, 2019 10:26 AM in response to OPTECS

I recently upgraded my iMac to OS 10.14 Mohave and it now keeps complaining that 32-bit apps no longer worked.

This caused me to replace my perfectly functioning Google Earth with this new app Pro version. For a short time I got a visual of the area I wanted but it was VERY blurry. Now, GE does not even come up.

Now when I start up GE Pro I get the following pop up messages and I am can no longer see the visuals that I desire.

"Google Earth failed connect to database. The URL kh.google.com:80/ does not appear to be valid ...."

"Google Earth is unable to contact the login server. .... (Error code: c000000c)"

Can anybody tell me how to resolve these issues and get GE running again?

Aug 28, 2019 10:29 AM in response to judger

Additional information:

Running 7.3.2.5776 (64-bit). Have uninstalled/re-installed it several times. Ran Repair Tools several times and did 'Restore to

Defaults'. Turned off firewall and Wi-Fi and also allowed chrome earth.

I tried to find an earlier GE version to load/run but all downloads translate to the new Pro version.

Cox Cable provides a McAfee antivirus but I cannot find it in either Utilities or Application folders so I guess it is not installed.

I do not have a VPN.

I don't know what it means but there is in System Preferences -> Network -> Proxies a checked 'SOCKS Proxy' with "Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts and Domains:' *.local, 169.254/16

There is also an unchecked 'Auto Proxy Discovery' option.

I have no idea where to check the firewall's  'log of blocked traffic'. Any suggestions?

Aug 28, 2019 11:49 AM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad, your suggestions on using AppCleaner deleted 18 files. When I went into SAFE Mode GEP came up but ran very slow. I rebooted in regular mode and GEP came up but I still get the message when I launch GEP:

"Google Earth is unable to contact the login server. .... (Error code: c000000c)"

Also, when I put a location and do Search, nothing comes up on the GEP earth like I expect. However, I can keep clicking on a place on the earth to get where I want and to magnify it. However, the many versions of the GEP maps (for different seasons and years) does not work. It seems stuck on 1998.

While going back and forth and trying to Sign In, I see the message "SOCKS version 5 protocal error". I repeat my earlier finding - note the SOCKS Proxy reference in my preferences ??? - any ideas???:

"I don't know what it means but there is in System Preferences -> Network -> Proxies a checked 'SOCKS Proxy' with "Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts and Domains:' *.local, 169.254/16"

Any further wisdom?

Thank you for your support so far - REAL PROGRESS!!! :-)))

Aug 29, 2019 9:31 AM in response to judger

Sent an email over Cox Internet and I got a Proxy error. Accepted their choice and email sent. Went to check my proxy settings and SOCKS was set again after I had unchecked it.

Unchecked SOCKS proxy in my settings and set Automatic Proxy Discovery, sent several test emails through Cox successfully and my proxy settings still set at auto discovery. Sound right????

Oct 13, 2019 7:51 AM in response to caiolinn

I had all the same issues - GE not working right, safari locking up - and the change to auto discovery proxy worked. I also believe the the 'infection' i.e. changes to proxy come in when you update the adobe flash player so be aware that when you do that on whatever frequency, you probably need to clean this up again.

Oct 19, 2019 1:38 AM in response to OPTECS

I just found the solution to this problem on Windows after two reinstalls and

full clearing of all trace on the system.  It has occured before after

periods of infrequent use.

Build: 7.3*,  Windows 10 Pro 1909, Nvidia Quadro K4000M/Intel HD 4000 graphics, Samsung SSD.

Open Google Earth, launch repair tool under Help menu

Close Google Earth leaving repair tool open

Choose "Restore Default Settings".  You should also clear the cache.

If this doesn't work use repair tool and do the above, but include

deleting 'my places' after you backup the .kmz file in another folder. Search for .kmz file if you cannot find it.  You

can reload your my places file after GE is working again.

Best,

T.

GOOGLE EARTH SERVER CONNECTION ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.