Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Safari can't establish a secure connection with the server." Safari will not connect with any website. Chrome works.

I am running Catalina 10.15.5 on a 2013 Mac Pro.

Safari will not connect to any websites. I get the error, "Safari can't establish a secure connection with the server."

Also I don't know if this is related, but Apple Mail will not load remote content. (even though preference is checked.)

Chrome works fine, will open any or all pages. Safari works fine on my MacBook Pro on the same network.

I tried changing DNS entries, certificates, and changing IPv4 protocol and other fixes recommended after a google search. I have restarted. Nothing worked.

What can I do to get Safari to work on this computer?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 4:23 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Dharma-mac.

If we understand your post correctly, Safari will not load webpages on your Mac Pro. We’d like to help.

It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting. Follow the remaining steps in this article:

If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 4:23 PM in response to Dharma-mac

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Dharma-mac.

If we understand your post correctly, Safari will not load webpages on your Mac Pro. We’d like to help.

It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting. Follow the remaining steps in this article:

If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

"Safari can't establish a secure connection with the server." Safari will not connect with any website. Chrome works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.