Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes

Hi can anyone tell me how to individually check or uncheck songs in my library to play.

Also what is the best way to organise my music? At the moment I have an incredibly long list of thousands of songs - there must be an easier way of doing it?

Many thanks

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 11:05 AM

iTunes > Preferences > General > Show list view checkboxes.

Tick or untick tracks as you wish, although in general you can leave them all ticked, start one track playing, then add other tracks to the Now Playing list.

Enable the sidebar from the View menu if currently hidden. Explore the different views. I tend to use the Albums and Songs views mostly, switching from one to the other for different tasks. Songs I like to have sorted as Album by Album Artist and with artwork showing.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2019 11:05 AM in response to Morticia_1934

iTunes > Preferences > General > Show list view checkboxes.

Tick or untick tracks as you wish, although in general you can leave them all ticked, start one track playing, then add other tracks to the Now Playing list.

Enable the sidebar from the View menu if currently hidden. Explore the different views. I tend to use the Albums and Songs views mostly, switching from one to the other for different tasks. Songs I like to have sorted as Album by Album Artist and with artwork showing.

tt2

iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.