Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock on my own old iPhone

My phone was repaired this morning, after it stopped working. Now I am stuck as there is an Activation Lock on the home page.....Its asking me for my iCloud ID and password.....I have no idea what it was......I am totally stuck.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 10:13 AM

You can click on the Contact Support link on the top of the page here to get support options, and Chat is one of them. However, you are going to have to provide them with a bit of information to help recover a password, such as the answers to your security questions.

8 replies

Jul 20, 2019 10:11 AM in response to faraz42

Yes, you can click on the Contact Support link at the top right of this page to start the process, but since you had a 3rd party shop work on your iPhone they may not work with you. Did you perhaps buy this device used? If yes, then you have run into Activation Lock and the reason you don't recognize the Apple ID is it was put on by a previous user. If that is the case the only way you will be able to unlock it is to find that user and Apple will not help with that. The other possibility is the account belongs to someone at the 3rd party repair shop.

Activation Lock on my own old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.