Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

monthly Office Mac budget checkbook register and spreadsheet

I would like to have an Office Mac (Excel?) monthly budget AND checkbook register where I can follow my expenditures and deposits with expenses and deposits in their proper budget categories. I will warn you that I am a techno impaired senior. Everything previously has been on paper.

I prefer Excel over Numbers in that I am familiar with Excel and use it in other programs. I dread having to learn the Numbers format...old dog, new tricks.

This will also allow my bride of 37 years to follow my monthly reports with no "surprises". Some of you will get that.

Thank you for any help that you can provide!

I just saw that my options are most likely "Numbers" though, as said, I prefer Office Mac Excel.

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Well, this is the Numbers for Mac discussion community, so if you are really set on using Excel then you are probably barking up the wrong tree.😀

If you want to give Numbers a try then there is an excellent Personal Budget template at File > New in the menu. Not a full-fledged checkbook register, though.

Otherwise best post to one of the many Excel forums online. Or perhaps use one of the dedicated personal finance apps, like Quicken or Mint or whatever.

SG

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 9:20 AM in response to Tom Perkins1

Well, this is the Numbers for Mac discussion community, so if you are really set on using Excel then you are probably barking up the wrong tree.😀

If you want to give Numbers a try then there is an excellent Personal Budget template at File > New in the menu. Not a full-fledged checkbook register, though.

Otherwise best post to one of the many Excel forums online. Or perhaps use one of the dedicated personal finance apps, like Quicken or Mint or whatever.

SG

monthly Office Mac budget checkbook register and spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.