Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and computer

unable to backup my iPhone 6s to my mac computer. my computer tells my to allow access to phone please respond on my phone. but the trust button won't hi-light and i am unable to receive a code. which i've never need a code before and i don't want two fractor ever turned on.

I just bought an iPhone XR which i can't set up till I back up the old phone, can someone please help me

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 8:04 AM

Change your settings for trusted computers

Your iOS device remembers the computers you've chosen to trust.

If you don't want to trust a computer or other device anymore, change the privacy settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. Now when you connect to formerly trusted computers, the Trust alert will ask you whether you trust that computer. 

Get help

If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but iOS doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:

1. Make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes
  2. Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device from your computer.
  3. Restart your iOS device and your computer.
  4. Reset your Trust settings.

If the above steps don't help, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If you downloaded iTunes for Windows from the Microsoft Store, make sure that iTunes Mobile Device Helper is enabled as a startup item.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2019 8:04 AM in response to marsbon

Change your settings for trusted computers

Your iOS device remembers the computers you've chosen to trust.

If you don't want to trust a computer or other device anymore, change the privacy settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. Now when you connect to formerly trusted computers, the Trust alert will ask you whether you trust that computer. 

Get help

If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but iOS doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:

1. Make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes
  2. Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device from your computer.
  3. Restart your iOS device and your computer.
  4. Reset your Trust settings.

If the above steps don't help, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If you downloaded iTunes for Windows from the Microsoft Store, make sure that iTunes Mobile Device Helper is enabled as a startup item.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778

iPhone and computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.