Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF's in Files App Jump to First Page

I have had this strange occurrence continuously happen to me and it has become quite aggravating. Sometimes when I quickly scroll or jump to a page in a PDF, it will turn white and immediately go back to the first page. This is extremely annoying considering I sometimes have to scroll though a large amount of pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 7:36 PM

Hello,

This occurs on occasion to me as well. When you open a PDF document in Files you are actually just previewing the document in Apple’s QuickLook. Sometimes when a document is very large QuickLook will run out of system memory and crash causing QuickLook to reopen the document thus the jumping back to the first page. The remedy to this is to open the PDF in another application such as Apple Books.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 7:36 PM in response to OGSquill

Hello,

This occurs on occasion to me as well. When you open a PDF document in Files you are actually just previewing the document in Apple’s QuickLook. Sometimes when a document is very large QuickLook will run out of system memory and crash causing QuickLook to reopen the document thus the jumping back to the first page. The remedy to this is to open the PDF in another application such as Apple Books.

PDF's in Files App Jump to First Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.