Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch not receiving notification for one contact in messages

I have my apple watch sync'd to my iphone. i have it set to mirror notification settings. when i receive a txt/apple message it successfully notifies me on my apple watch. It'll vibrate or play a sound depending on whether i have it set to silent mode or not. my issue is, it will not notify me for one contact i have. the only thing different from this contact compared to all my other ones is, i have read receipts turned off for everyone except this one contact. this also happens on my iphone. its like this one contact will not pop up, vibrate, play a sound, or notify on the watch or iphone. if i hit the button on my iphone to wake it, i see that there is a message from the contact. if i wake my watch, i can see there is one new message on the little message icon. anyone else see this issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 7:10 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 7, 2019 11:27 AM in response to julieda

Not sure if this is what resolved my issue or not, but that contact is now successfully alerting on my watch and iPhone. The reason i say "not sure", apple support had me upgrade my iPhone to 12.4. After updating it didn't seem like it was working correctly...it was still hit or miss but maybe a little bit better. the net step was to do a full reset of the iPhone and i was like F' that. So i deleted the contact and re-added them. the next day it seemed to start working.

apple watch not receiving notification for one contact in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.