Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weknow "nuisance"

OK this ghoster keeps coming back and the fact Apple hasn't come up with a patch to get rid of this and to prevent it from being "self installed" because millions of users accidently installed it, and Apple support's reply is, "You installed it, your fault, your problem!" tells me Apple is COMPLIITLY involved in this trash nuisance file and somehow gains from it's viral working properties. Is it because it gets around privacy agreement issues?

Apple support has made this impossible to remove and you have to be part-time coder to deal with something Applem should be able to identify and prevent from being installed to begin with. No Malware, no virus scanner can get rid of this POS "nuisance" or "non-issue" hijacker of a program. Apple tech support is condescending, arrogant, and flippant about it because they want you to use Safari and not Chrome.

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 12:40 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Aug 1, 2019 2:42 PM in response to JimmyCrackCorns

It's not a random PU - it's Adobe Flash

Yes, that is a random PU. It's only been used as a vector for socially engineering its victims for like a decade, so I guess you might have missed it.

The only way Apple could stop it is if they prevented you from installing anything. Just learn to not be a victim.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Aug 1, 2019 2:03 PM in response to BDAqua

Been there done that - I've done everything to remove this C8NT "non-virus" annoyance from F8KNG Israel....it was hidden in a BS Adobe upgrade flash and now it's everywhere doing everything to everyone I know. I emailed the company, and I've chit-chatted with you Apple "support my gassman" staff and it's ALL THE SAME, EVERY TIME!!!!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT APPLE!!!!!!

FOR ALL I KNOW THIS IS A CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICAL REPLACEMENT OFFSHORED TO - YOU KNOW WHO - IN ISRAEL!!!!

weknow "nuisance"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.