Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple sends to one aux channel with filter but with different filter presets?

I'm very new to Logic. My understanding is that to save on cpu load it is best to "send" tracks to an aux channel loaded with the filter of choice instead of dropping the filter directly on the track.

Question. What happens if you want to send multiple tracks to one aux channel with a single specific filter but you want those different tracks to use different presets of the one filter? Is this possible?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 1:55 AM

My answer still stands. Fx-plugins are fx plugins, either used as inserts directly in the channels (if all of the signal needs to go through) or fed from Sends, as inserts in Auxes (if only part of the signal needs treatment, as explained before).

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 4, 2019 1:48 AM in response to angusshmangus

You don't use Sends to access a Filter. In general, you don't use Sends if you want the entire signal processed, with, like, EQs, Filters, Dynamics (unless you're sufficiently advanced to know what you're doing).

You use Sends where you want only parts of the signal to be processed, like, a tiny bit of Delay on that keyboard, a healthy amount, but not too much of Room on that guitar, a hint of Chorus on that vocal.

And for these effects, you use Sends to access them from multiple channels, so you use the same Reverb for all the violin tracks and the same Delay for all five guitar tracks. The Sends create the balance so you can have more Delay on one track but less of the same Delay on others.

multiple sends to one aux channel with filter but with different filter presets?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.