Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12.4 - Face ID and camera do not work

Ive updated my iphone X to new iOS 12.4 on Thursday evening 8th of August, and since then face ID and camera do not work. I was suggested to factory reset my iphone, however the problem is still there. Does anyone experience the same issue, and if you know how to get work again?

Many thanks in advance

Regards from Czech Republic

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 6:26 AM

6 replies

Aug 11, 2019 11:44 AM in response to slawisha

What was you previous iOS version, that is important, because iOS 12.4 only had the following changes. Please introspect how these changes can affect what you have posted.

Phone migration

• Introduces the ability to wirelessly transfer data and migrate directly from an old iPhone to a new iPhone during setup

Apple News

• Makes downloaded issues accessible in the My Magazines section, both online and offline
  • Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
  • Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues by selecting History > Clear > Clear All

Other improvements and fixes

• Includes a security fix for the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch and re-enables Walkie-Talkie functionality

This release also includes support for HomePod in Japan and Taiwan.

Look for any spurious softwares or unauthorised apps that you may have downloaded directly from Internet

iOS 12.4 - Face ID and camera do not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.