Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading system

Hello!

I have been struggling with the last update of Mojave. My mac mini crashes while i play games and it never happened before the last update. All i want is to downgrade for the previous version of Mojave, and not to High Sierra or older OS, but all i find in internet is how to downgrade to olders OS.

Is it possible to downgrade to an older version of the same OS? Im using now 10.14.6 but i wanted to go back to 10.14.5. Is it possible? My Time Machine is not enabled tho.

I have a Mac mini (Late 2012).

Thanks!

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 12:38 PM

In previous versions of macOS and OS X, it was possible to downgrade but in macOS Mojave, Apple made it harder to downgrade to older macOS versions. It would be possible to downgrade to High Sierra or an older version or macOS or OS X, but to downgrade to macOS Mojave 10.14.5, it would not be really easy to do without downloading a macOS installer that is not from Apple which can be modified or unstable or unsafe to use. I have an 8GB USB flash drive with a macOS Mojave 10.14.5 installer but I couldn’t properly upload it somewhere for you to use because it is probably against the rules of this forum and I don’t want to risk being banned. But there is a macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update released a few days ago that fixed some bugs in the original 10.14.6 release. You can also submit feedback to Apple about the bugs you are experiencing in macOS Mojave at https://www.apple.com/feedback

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 12:38 PM in response to vicofadel

In previous versions of macOS and OS X, it was possible to downgrade but in macOS Mojave, Apple made it harder to downgrade to older macOS versions. It would be possible to downgrade to High Sierra or an older version or macOS or OS X, but to downgrade to macOS Mojave 10.14.5, it would not be really easy to do without downloading a macOS installer that is not from Apple which can be modified or unstable or unsafe to use. I have an 8GB USB flash drive with a macOS Mojave 10.14.5 installer but I couldn’t properly upload it somewhere for you to use because it is probably against the rules of this forum and I don’t want to risk being banned. But there is a macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update released a few days ago that fixed some bugs in the original 10.14.6 release. You can also submit feedback to Apple about the bugs you are experiencing in macOS Mojave at https://www.apple.com/feedback

Aug 11, 2019 2:22 PM in response to vicofadel

Well, it would be relatively easy to go back IF you had made a bootable clone before upgrading. You could simply boot into your clone, wipe your internal drive, and clone your entire older system back. If you do not have a clone, it is not easy or impossible to go back one or two incremental versions.

And, FWIW, I would never download anything offered by someone I do not know. Aside from that, the rules here do not allow us to post personal information, so you could not do it anyway.

Downgrading system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.