Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downgrade from mojave to high sierra

Not really happy with Mojave 10.14.6 and like to go back to High Sierra. So far it seems not possibe, though I have made a copy with time machine before starting the upgrade. Up till now time machine not used on Mojave. Most important reason, OS start up very2x slow, it takes 2 min. and 45 sec. where as High Sierra only less than one min.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:42 AM

All the sudden and thus quite unexpected an update was offered to fix so minor system issues as well as un update for Safari from version 12.1.2 to 14.0.3. The latter, I think, has solved one of the problems I was not really happy with Mojave though not mentioned , that the mail app on Mac was no longer able to find new emails from my Gmail account. With this update Mail is properly working again as be4 in High Sierra. All together I decided to go on with Mojave and take the more time consuming start up of OS for what it is, unless new issues will appear. The extra needed time can be used to make a coffee he he. So thanks to you both to help me out with greetings from the land of tulips, clogs and windmills.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 1:42 AM in response to BDAqua

All the sudden and thus quite unexpected an update was offered to fix so minor system issues as well as un update for Safari from version 12.1.2 to 14.0.3. The latter, I think, has solved one of the problems I was not really happy with Mojave though not mentioned , that the mail app on Mac was no longer able to find new emails from my Gmail account. With this update Mail is properly working again as be4 in High Sierra. All together I decided to go on with Mojave and take the more time consuming start up of OS for what it is, unless new issues will appear. The extra needed time can be used to make a coffee he he. So thanks to you both to help me out with greetings from the land of tulips, clogs and windmills.

downgrade from mojave to high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.